To view the on-line version click here .
19 March 2012*
CPT INTERNATIONAL: Call for Expressions of Interest in and Nominations for an
interim CPTnet editor*
Christian Peacemaker Teams invites expressions of interest in the one year,
1/4 time, temporary position as CPTnet editor starting summer 2012 when the
current editor begins her sabbatical.
-Following the releases that teams on project locations are writing for
CPTnet. (The editor is also encouraged to follow blogs, Facebook and
Twitter accounts of individual CPTers in the field as time allows.)
- Vetting, organizing and editing releases from teams in English (includes
communication as needed with teams for clarification.)
- Posting edited releases to CPTnet, CPT’s English language news service,
which provides news updates, reports, reflections, prayer requests and action
alerts to its readership.
- Communicating with translators and posting Spanish versions of releases to
redECAP, CPT’s Spanish language news service.
+If time allows, taking on other communication-related responsibilities.
Approximately ten hours a week, flexible location and work hours. On-call
for occasional quick editing and posting of breaking developments in the
Compensation: Need-based stipend and satisfaction of having participated in
important work supporting peacemakers around the world.
Contact Carol Rose, CPT Co-Director, at 
with expressions of interest, and nominations no
later than 2 April 2012. She will respond with application materials.
Full application materials will be due 22 April.
/Please share this message widely and pray for God's work through this
*Needed Qualities, Experience, and Skills:*
· Superior facility with editing
· Commitment to, and strong ability to implement undoing oppressions in the
editorial process. (See
· Ability to cut long articles into shorter, more focused, compelling pieces
· Ability to identify what is missing in a release and to seek necessary
· Ability to edit with the awareness of what elements in a release CPT’s
constituents might find offensive or baffling.
· Ability to engage with writers in the field and with members of CPT’s
Support Team in mutual, encouraging and collegial ways
· Some basic knowledge of Spanish
· Experience with basic web layout and cropping pictures
· Supportive of faith-based peacemaking
· Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; ability to
communicate with sensitivity, tact, humor and humility,
· Ability to maintaining positive relationships with people in many
locations, using a variety of communications technology.
Additional desirable qualifications:
· Knowledge and experience of CPT, including CPT’s current work on various
· Fluency in Spanish
· Enough understanding of Arabic and Kurdish to notice issues that arise
Persons with the required experience and skills who have not yet been members
of CPT are welcome to apply. See www.cpt.org for
background about CPT.
CPT is engaged in an organization-wide process of transformation to undo
racism and other oppressions and is working towards more truly reflecting the
strong diversity of God’s creation. Members of aboriginal or racialized
groups are encouraged to apply.
CPT's MISSION: What would happen if Christians devoted the same discipline
and sacrifice to nonviolent peacemaking that armies devote to war? Christian
Peacemaker Teams (CPT) seeks to enlist the whole church in organized,
nonviolent alternatives to war and places teams of trained peacemakers in
regions of lethal conflict.
COMMENTS: To ask questions or express concerns, criticisms and affirmations
send messages to .
NEWSLETTER: To receive CPT's quarterly newsletter by email or in print, go to
DONATE: Donate to CPT on-line with your credit card! Go to
YOUR SUBSCRIPTION: to change your subscription settings go to